Thursday, November 12, 2015

Classic Christmas Tree Magic


This is the first time I have ever decorated for Christmas before Thanksgiving.  Two reasons being, one is that Justin and Madison are hosting Thanksgiving this year (that and our dining room is still not finished), and the second reason is I got a Tree Classics Christmas tree to review!  For the last several years I have been wanting to get a fake tree, simply because they are a lot easier to maintain and these days look just as realistic as any tree off of a farm lot.  It arrived in a sturdy cardboard box with the red and green Tree Classics logo.  It was a two piece tree that all you had to do was "snap" together and plug it in.  Ready for decorating!!  Since I started so early I may do a few different looks for the tree as there are so many ways I love to decorate Christmas trees.  For this post I decided to do the tree in an "heirloom shabby chic" style, pulling out all my antique and vintage glass balls and using beautiful french blue satin ribbons.
 The handsome 7.5' Hyde Park Pine Snap Classic tree  with clear lights is decked out in glass balls that we have collected over the years. This tree is so realistic, even my husband said the only way he could tell it was a faux tree was to look at the base, as it is on wheels so you can roll it around to where you think it looks best with ease.  I had this tree set up in ten minutes flat!  Lights included, so it was truly a joy and all that was waiting was to do the fun part, decorate it!
 A few simple touches around the room include scented cinnamon pine cones
 on an old transfer ware platter and a thin satin blue ribbon for my
 potted boxwood topiary that I got at my son's shop.
 A collection of vintage pink ornaments and lambs ears along with a few faux roses
 and tiny bottle brush trees are decorated with more satin ribbon to tie
 it together with the theme of the tree.
Tree Classics also has beautiful hand painted ornaments, like the gold trellis design, 
which I was thrilled to add to our lifetime collection.  Tree skirts and ornaments and 
other delights for the holiday season can be found at www.treeclassics.com
My living room went from everyday to holiday magic in a flash
 because of the simplicity of this tree design.  Let me show you how easy it was to assemble.
 My "everyday look" in the living room these days revolve around puppy care for Colby,
 our three month old pitbull pup.  Normally he hangs out in front of the fireplace with his collection of toys and old plastic garden pots, his current favorite.  I brought the tree into the living room and as I said it is in two pieces.  The top is sitting on the couch and the base of the tree has been snapped into the rolling stand.  You need to separate the branches and do some fluffing so that the tree is full and balanced.  
 My little wide eyed friend was a good boy and seemed to have little interest
 in the tree which was a major surprise to me, and one I am truly grateful for. 
 Needless to say, I did not decorate the bottom branches as I didn't want to tempt fate.
 The tree is pre-lit and after I snapped it upright in the stand,
 I plugged it in to make sure it was working.  
The color of the bulbs are nice and warm,
 not that harsh white bright light that some pre-lit trees have. 
You can see where I need to fluff out the branches so that the tree 
can get it's perfect shape.
Next came the top section, I just plopped it into the bottom section 
and it instantly lit up too!  After some fluffing out of the branches, 
it looked nice and full and beautiful just standing there without any ornaments.
I was impressed and excited, this was the easiest Christmas tree set up I had
ever been involved with. Its usually a huge procedure to just get the lights on,
after you struggle trying to get the tree to stand up securely in it's stand.
I am in love with our new tree! 
 It's made my life so much easier, and the holidays ahead will be much less of a hassle.
 I know I won't miss sweeping up falling needles and watering my tree everyday.  
 Take a look for yourself and compare prices if you are considering 
a good quality faux Christmas tree this season at Tree Classics. 
 So many styles of trees to choose from, it will be hard to pick a fave! 
 photo signature_zpsxi5q1w6r.png

14 comments:

  1. Oh- That is so very pretty, Amy. I love it. I really need to get a new one soon. I bought a really good one but it is now 12 years old and starting to show its age. You could stop decorating right there (if you want to) because it looks just beautiful. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your decorating looks beautiful! Thanksgiving is at my house so I am concentrating on that right now. Also, I do a real tree so it would be a stick by Christmas--lol. Seeing your house makes it tempting to get a faux tree though. Enjoy the season!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amy I think your tree is beautiful . I love the touches of blue.
    Rosezeeta.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have two of their trees, my favorite, that we use as our main tree is the blue spruce in the 4 1/2 ft size. My husband made a tree stand out of an antique urn that stays in the living room year round, filled with my collection of seashells. I've had the trees for quite a while, the lights burned out, so I spent a day after Christmas that year removing them. We now string vintage electric candles on it. It is truly a tree that looks real, I have had many people ask me where I got it. Your tree looks beautiful and I am very impressed with that puppy! Good boy! I don't decorate till after Thanksgiving, but I keep thinking about it. Can't wait to see the dining room decorated!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an awesome tree, Amy! I love how easy it was to assemble! Wow!! And it looks soooo real! I've always wondered, though...what happens when the lights burn out? Do you have to clip them all out to string new ones...?

    Your room looks fabbbbuulous, girl!!! Love it all!

    xoxo laurie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just beautiful, Amy. I'm lovin' the idea of it being on a wheeled stand. what a great innovation. and your soft blues make a lovely and unique Chirstmas look!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's simply gorgeous! Love the shade of blue you've used throughout the room. I've been an artificial tree user for years and years. I found out real trees cause me to develop laryngitis and I lose my voice. (weird allergy I suppose) On the other hand, there are those who are unhappy I quit using real trees. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I see that you have many old christmas tree decorations. I love them! My grandma has the same. They remind me of my childhood :)

    whitegreypastel.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amy it is Breathtaking. I wish I could come hang out with you. Just Gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the tree but I adore the mantel décor. Is that a garland of lamb's ear or stems? Where can I find them? Is that preserved fern? I am loving the whole look. Tell me how I can get this look on my mantel please.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your new tree Amy. And have always loved this room it's placed in.
    I am doing just that hunting down the right tree, something tall and pencil like, or sparse and squatty like, such a job in what will sing to you and it's space, your tree measures up to every plan you had and adds all the rightness to its space.

    Beautiful in its tones of golden silvery to blue-ish. Love it's rich beauty.

    Xx
    Dore

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your tree is beautiful! The vintage ornaments really give it that shabby chic look that goes so well with your decor. I have a fake tree too and prefer it over a live one since they're not messy and they don't make me sneeze the way a live one does.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I absolutely love a traditional tree. I have never done a "decorator" tree in my own home and I hope I never do! Christmas is all about tradion. This was a lovely post.

    ReplyDelete
  14. We celebrate Advent with activities instead of gifts, so thanks for this great list! I already made my list for this year, but I pinned this for good new ideas next year. home decor stores in delhi

    ReplyDelete

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...